Once a week, we treat ourselves to brinner. Breakfast for dinner. I get some delicious breakfast chicken sausage from the fresh meat section at Whole Foods, and we chow. Until recently, our favorite wheat free pancake recipe was based mainly on almond butter. It’s delicious, but is relatively pricey to make. I went on a quest to find a pancake recipe that was grain free and budget friendly. I came across a 2 ingredient recipe that is absolutely delicious. It’s a lot lighter than the almond butter pancakes, and leaves more room for yummy breakfast side dishes.
2-Ingredient Wheat Free Pancakes
any [optional] topping – blueberries, chocolate chips, cinnamon, the sky is the limit
1. Heat a skillet over low-medium heat
2. Mash up the banana in a bowl
3. Add an egg
4. Beat the egg and mashed banana until well incorporated (until most lumps are gone)
4. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet, and add toppings. We love our blueberries!
5. Let batter cook until the pancake is sturdy enough for the worst of pancake flippers to flip. It’s best to cook them low and slow. *If the batter starts to burn or stick to the skillet, turn the heat down.*
6. Enjoy a delicious meal!!
Do you have any 2-3 ingredient recipes that you recommend?