It’s so great to see most everything checked off my to-do list at the end of the day.
It doesn’t always happen, but when it does it’s very rewarding. Daniel let me sleep in this morning while he took Gideon to get firewood and stacked it in the backyard. It was wonderful, and definitely put a little pep in my step. I love that the boys got to spend some “guy time” since I’ve been Daniel’s helper lately. I could make a very extensive list of tips and things that help me be productive, but here are some of the main ideas I can think of that help me stay focused on a daily basis. Remember, I’m preaching to the choir.
1. First and foremost, get some sleep! You know that “floating head” feeling? We all have those days when we just kind of drag and wander around the house not knowing where to begin. After a good night of sleep, your energy is restored and you’re more likely to hit the ground running. Staying up late for any reason at all is just not worth it.
2. Be realistic when you make your to-do list. Ask yourself: How much energy do I have to spend? What is my priority today? How much time do I want to spend on this? You get the idea. Set yourself up for success.
3. Stick to the to-do list that you’ve set for yourself as much as you can.
4. If something pops up in your day that needs to get done but that you weren’t really planning for, re-configure your to-do list. Add it if you think it won’t put a dent in your set plan, or replace it for something that can be done tomorrow.
5. When you see or think of something that needs to be done soon, make a running list for tomorrow’s to-do’s.
6. Set a timer! I seriously have made this into a game. I pre-determine how
much little time it could possibly take me to complete a task, and I set a timer. It’s incredible how much you can get done in even 5 minutes.
At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that productivity means different things to each of us. The same goes for priorities. We don’t share them and that’s okay. Look at your life, what stage your in, and what matters most to you. Spend your time on these things, and don’t worry about what the next person is doing.
I have my set priorities, and it’s what keeps my little family going. The best part of being productive in my life, is that I do it all for the boys.
Being productive and maintaining our home is one of the many ways I express my love to them. I just thought I’d share this priority since I was able to stay on task today. Anything for Daniel and Gideon! ❤
What are some of the things you prioritize in your life?