Well, this concludes my week long trial. Looks like it’s doable! I actually look forward to sitting down after Gideon has gone to sleep for the night, relaxing for a minute, and writing about something. Some nights I will have more time than others. But all in all, I think it’s a great thing to strive for. Not to mention, the idea of having a daily blog with information and pictures of Gideon would be so special to me!
Sausage and Summer Veggie Packets
This recipe is so easy. If you are wanting an easy meal to make on a busy day, that makes enough to store in your freezer for later, this is a recipe for you.
- 1.5 pounds of sliced link sausage
- 6 cups of sliced zucchini
- 6 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 12 inch square foil sheets
- optional: onion
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prep all the vegetables and meat.
3. Combine sausage, veggies, oil, and spices in a large bowl.
4. Once combined, divide into servings onto the foil sheets. If you want to use nonstick spray, you can. I did not use any, and the juices from the vegetables kept the food from sticking to the foil.
5. Wrap tightly, and place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes.
Like I said, this is a great recipe for eating immediately and to store in the freezer for later. It’s also very versatile. You can change the meat to chicken if you like, add different seasonal vegetables, etc.
Now for the good stuff
Gideon had a great day today. He spent some great quality time with Daniel while I went grocery shopping. He …